Imbler School District maintains and operates a fleet of buses for student transport to school and to school-sponsored events.
Expectations for Bus Conduct:
Students are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly manner and are under the authority of the bus driver while riding to and from school.
Persistent misconduct shall be grounds for denial of transportation privileges. If you wish to have your son or daughter leave the bus other than at home or school, your written request will be honored after presentation to the principal and the bus driver.
State Board of Education Regulations governing pupils riding school buses are provided below:
1. Pupils being transported are under the authority of the bus driver.
2. Pupils shall be on time for the bus, both morning and evening.
3. Pupils shall walk on the left side of the road facing oncoming
traffic when coming to meet the bus.
4. Pupils shall remain seated while bus is in motion.
5. Pupils may be assigned seats by the bus driver.
6. Pupils shall not open or close windows without permission of the driver. Pupils shall not extend their hands, arms or heads through bus windows.
7. Pupils should converse in normal tones. Loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
8. Pupils shall keep the bus clean and must refrain from damaging it.
9. Pupils shall be courteous to the driver, to fellow pupils and passersby.
10. Pupils who fail to promptly obey the directions of the driver or fail to obey regulations may lose their right to ride on the bus.
Direct questions, comments or complaints to:
Mike Campbell, Imbler Transportation Supervisor